Thank you members
In 1952, a group of White Sands Missile Range federal employees met to start the White Sands Federal Credit Union. Most missile range employees lived in El Paso, Texas, Las Cruces, and Alamogordo, New Mexico making it difficult to take care of their financial needs after work. The group applied for and was granted certification from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
In the first year, the Credit Union had 124 members, $6,982.32 in assets, shares of $6854.25, reserves and undivided earnings of $64.95, income of $143.49 and $108.04 of expenses. By 1960, our assets were $63,696.10 with reserves and undivided earnings of $1,356.96. Membership had grown to 732.
The Credit Union eventually expanded its field of membership to other employees at the Range and beyond. Today it is a vital, resourceful, and committed organization, still intent on meeting members' demands. Then, as now, it required a dedicated and competent staff and just as important, dedicated volunteers who serve on the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Committee.
White Sands FCU went from a small building at White Sands Missile Range to constructing an office on Lohman Avenue in Las Cruces and acquisition of our current Main Office on North Main Street in Las Cruces. An office
was built in El Paso to serve our members' needs better there and properties were acquired to meet demands in our other communities. Our newest addition is a branch in Truth or Consequences NM.
The Board of Directors, the Supervisory Committee, and the Staff continue to provide these services today. After almost 70 years of service, we are still here, still growing, meeting the financial needs of these communities.
We will continue to provide the responsive service that has been the hallmark of White Sands Federal Credit Union since 1952. Thank you for your membership and we look forward to serving you for many more years to come.
White Sands Federal Credit Union was established by a group of military personnel at the new White Sands Missile Range with 17 shares and $85 in assets
The first Las Cruces office opened in 1967 at 130 W. Lohman
- Share draft accounts (also known as checking accounts) were added to the available services.
- WSFCU also moved its Las Cruces branch to 2190 E. Lohman
- White Sands FCU accepted a merger with the Las Cruces City and County Employees Credit Union
- Memorial General Hospital joined the field of membership
the credit union converted its data processing system and installed two ATMs. They were MPact machines
Visa Credit Cards
- Visa credit cards are added in 1986.
- The credit union had 18,640 members and $40 million in assets.
The El Paso branch was built and opened
N. Main Opens
The credit union opened a second Las Cruces location when they purchased the old offices of the Silver Savings and Loan at 2755 N. Main
Truth Or Consequences
- 1996 the credit union added remote and electronic services to the array of services.
- This was the year the credit union put up a website and introduced online banking, bill pay, loans-by-phone, and debit cards.
- The credit union opened a small branch at the White Sands Test Facility and expanded into Truth or Consequences with a new branch
- A new Information Services department was built.
- The credit union was named as the top credit union brand in the nation for credit unions under $1 billion in assets by the Bancography Brand Value Index.
- The credit union celebrated 60 years.
- At the end of this year, the credit union had $252,822,2351 in assets and membership was 27,451. Net income was $1.1 million
Eco Loans were added to our loan product line
We added our first mobile app for Mobile Deposit. At the end of the year, about 1,000 members were using the app to deposit checks to their accounts.
- The credit union changed the logo and updated its website,
- Debit cards were upgraded to include chip technology
- WSFCU introduces Premium Checking powered by Bazing
The original branch at White Sands Missile Range was closed due to shrinking personnel at the missile range
We're # 1
- The credit union implemented Zelle in June 2021.
- Voted best local credit union and best auto loan provider by Las Cruces Bulletin
We began construction of a new TorC branch
Thank you for 70 Years
Since 1952 we are happy to be your local LOCAL credit union.
(575) 647-4500 or
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
P.O. Box 99
Las Cruces, NM 88004
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Federally Insured by NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Equal Housing Lender
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.