Welcome to the 2022 White Sands FCU Electronic Annual Meeting. The items included in this presentation will include the following.
• Chairman of the Board & CEO Report
• Supervisory Report
• 2021 Annual Meeting Minutes
• 2021 Financials
2022 Annual Report
Welcome to the 2022 White Sands FCU Annual Meeting thank you for taking a proactive interest in your credit union.
Every person in America and every financial institution has had to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic for the past two years. Your health and safety, and the health and safety of our staff, are important to us, so in 2020–21 we enacted certain protocols to minimize everyone’s exposure while ensuring you have access to your money and our full array of services whenever you need them. Remember, White Sands FCU has a variety of online capabilities that minimize your need to visit us in branches unless necessary.
As your financial first responder, your credit union went to great lengths to help members and our community through the most challenging two years in modern times. Because that’s what we’re here for your financial well-being.
As a result of our cooperative business model, we're able to return profits to our members in the form of competitive rates, new products, enhanced services, and additional points of service to make it easier for you to reach your financial objectives. Our highest and best purpose in serving you includes some of the following:
- Our commitment to serving our community where we can make the greatest impact. In 2021 our employees donated over $7,000 of their own money to local non-profits.
- Our disciplined approach to taking care of our membership is key to maintaining a solid core of members that we care so much about. Performance stems from our values of service, loyalty, honesty, and integrity. Little things such as opening the doors on time and answering the phone when you call are very important to us and will remain that way because it makes us different from the other organizations.
- Our commitment to offering more and better resources that ensure our members are using the safest, most secure, and most convenient technology available.
July 2022, marks the 70th Anniversary of White Sands FCU. From humble beginnings almost 70 years ago, White Sands FCU has turned into a modern, full-service financial institution with $397,549,036 in assets, serving our 27,506 members.
- White Sands FCU continues to be a well-capitalized financial institution, with a strong net worth ratio of 9.37%.
- In total, our members have added $35,857,789 to their deposit accounts since 2020.
- You, the member-owners of this institution, have borrowed more than $184,600,000.
- Delinquencies remained low at 0.02 percent. This reflects the competitive rates we’re able to offer and the assistance we were able to offer our members.
We are proud of how far we've come, and I know our many accomplishments would not have been possible without the ongoing energy, optimism, and commitment of everyone involved in the operation of this credit union. Because of the work we've all done together, this credit union is doing very well, despite the pandemic and certain lingering economic challenges.
We wouldn't be the award-winning credit union that we are without you our members. We thank you for trusting us as your financial institution and we will continue to be your Local LOCAL credit union for many more years to come. We will continue to provide the responsive service that has been the hallmark of White Sands Federal Credit Union since 1952. Thank you again for being a valued member of the White Sands FCU family and for celebrating this significant milestone with us.
William Jacobs | President & CEO
Horace J Randall | Chairman of the Board
Celebrating 70 Years
White Sands Federal Credit Union was established by a group of military personnel at the new White Sands Missile Range with 17 shares and $85 in assets
The first Las Cruces office opened in 1967 at 130 W. Lohman
- Share draft accounts (also known as checking accounts) were added to the available services.
- WSFCU also moved its Las Cruces branch to 2190 E. Lohman
- White Sands FCU accepted a merger with the Las Cruces City and County Employees Credit Union
- Memorial General Hospital joined the field of membership
the credit union converted its data processing system and installed two ATMs. They were MPact machines
Visa Credit Cards
- Visa credit cards are added in 1986.
- The credit union had 18,640 members and $40 million in assets.
The El Paso branch was built and opened
N. Main Opens
The credit union opened a second Las Cruces location when they purchased the old offices of the Silver Savings and Loan at 2755 N. Main
Truth Or Consequences
- 1996 the credit union added remote and electronic services to the array of services.
- This was the year the credit union put up a website and introduced online banking, bill pay, loans-by-phone, and debit cards.
- The credit union opened a small branch at the White Sands Test Facility and expanded into Truth or Consequences with a new branch
- A new Information Services department was built.
- The credit union was named as the top credit union brand in the nation for credit unions under $1 billion in assets by the Bancography Brand Value Index.
- The credit union celebrated 60 years.
- At the end of this year, the credit union had $252,822,2351 in assets and membership was 27,451. Net income was $1.1 million
Eco Loans were added to our loan product line
We added our first mobile app for Mobile Deposit. At the end of the year, about 1,000 members were using the app to deposit checks to their accounts.
- The credit union changed the logo and updated its website,
- Debit cards were upgraded to include chip technology
- WSFCU introduces Premium Checking powered by Bazing
The original branch at White Sands Missile Range was closed due to shrinking personnel at the missile range
We're # 1
- The credit union implemented Zelle in June 2021.
- Voted best local credit union and best auto loan provider by Las Cruces Bulletin
We began construction of a new TorC branch
Thank you for 70 Years
Since 1952 we are happy to be your local LOCAL credit union.
Federally Insured by NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Equal Housing Lender
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.