Avoiding Phishing, Spyware, and Malware
- Never open email from unknown sources.
- Never respond to a suspicious email or click on attachments or hyperlinks.
- Be very cautious of emails asking for personal or account information. Fraudulent and phishing emails often appear to be from a family member, friend or even your financial institution. White Sands FCU does not send emails asking for personal or account information.
- Install a firewall, preferably both software and hardware, to protect your computer. More information on firewalls can be found here.
- Pay close attention to the URL (internet address) behind the link. Often in phishing attempts, if you place the cursor over the link the fraudsters want you to click on, it has nothing to do with the actual company they claim to be.
- Use an anti-virus program.
Federally Insured by NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Equal Housing Lender
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.