For any computer you use for online banking, shopping or similar activities, follow these suggestions:
- Maintain active, up-to-date antivirus, anti-spyware and firewall protection. If your antivirus program indicates a virus found that cannot be removed, contact a computer repair specialist to have the virus removed.
- Install operating system and software updates (i.e. “patches”, “service packs”) as soon as possible.
- Use strong passwords that contain:
- alpha/numeric characters and symbols
- upper and lower case characters
- minimum of 8 characters but longer is recommended
- use special characters (for example: #$-!%^&*)
- no words or names that can be found in a dictionary
- Change your password regularly.
- Don't use the same ID and PIN/password for every online account you have.
- Never share your password or login information with anyone.
- Never bank or shop online using computers at kiosks, cafes, unsecured computers or unsecured (public) wireless networks.
- When exiting an online banking session, always use the log out function and close the browser window.
- For the ultimate in protecting your financial data, computer security experts recommend that you create a separate user profile on your computer that is only used for purchases and financial transactions and is not used for any internet browsing. Better yet, purchase a dedicated computer or tablet that is used only for financial and online purchases. Protect this dedicated computer by not using it to browse the internet and by not allowing any downloads.
For more information about online banking security, refer to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website OnGuard Online. OnGuard Online provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.
Federally Insured by NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Equal Housing Lender
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.