Debit Card Security
Debit card fraud is on the rise across the country. To minimize the risk of fraud, White Sands FCU blocks the use of your debit card in some countries. If you plan to travel outside the United States please call us so we can check your destination against our blocked countries list and temporarily unlock your card for that destination. Also, call us if you have an issue with your debit card while traveling.
Representatives from our fraud detection service may call you during your trip if they spot any suspicious activity on your account. That is why it is important that we have up-to-date contact information for you. In most cases this will be your mobile phone number. Call us to check or update your contact information.
Follow these tips to make using your debit card easier when traveling:
When traveling within the United States
You do not need to notify us when you are traveling within the United States. But, do this:
- During your travel, when you arrive at your destination, and throughout your trip, use your debit card with your PIN, and not with your signature. Conducting transactions with your PIN helps establish your location, and that you are the authorized person in possession of the card.
- Monitor your card activity through telephone banking, mobile banking, and online banking to verify transactions.
- Make sure your contact numbers are always updated. If a fraud pattern is suspected, our third party monitoring company will contact you to verify your transactions. If you miss the call and receive a message, call back immediately in order for your card to be unblocked.
- Carry a backup form of payment when you travel, such as a credit card.
When traveling outside the United States
- Notify the credit union of your specific dates and areas of travel. We need to make arrangements for your card to work in these areas.
- Follow the same suggestions for travel within the United States.
How to contact us when your debit card is blocked
- During business hours contact 1-800-658-9933.
- During the weekend and after business hours call 1-866-750-9107.
Contact our Call Center at
(575) 647-4500 or (800) 658-9933.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: P.O. Box 99 Las Cruces, NM 88004
2755 North Main St, Las Cruces NM 88001
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.