Federal Regulation D
Federal Regulation D and its effect on your deposit accounts
Regulation D impacts the number of transactions White Sands Federal Credit Union may allow on your savings and money market accounts. This regulation was implemented by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, whose job is to ensure that financial institutions maintain adequate reserves for the funds they have on deposit.
Regulation D affects you by limiting certain withdrawals and transfers that may be made from your savings and money market accounts. The following transactions (or any combination thereof) are limited to six (6) per month:
- Withdrawals or transfers requested by phone to any other deposit account
- Transfers or withdrawals made through Telephone Banking
- Transfers conducted through CU Online Banking
- Transfers requested through a signed fax
- Transfers requested via email
- Preauthorized automatic transfers through Automated Clearing House (ACH) made at a predetermined time to third parties or to your other account
- Transfers triggered by overdraft protection
- Checks cleared on a money market account
Furthermore, if you reach your 6-transaction limit under Regulation D, and come in person to make a withdrawal or transfer, we will charge a $1 fee per transaction.
You should know that White Sands Federal Credit Union will refuse any transactions that are not in compliance with Regulation D.
Transactions not affected by Regulation D
- There is no limit on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers for the purpose of repaying loans and associated expenses where the loan has been made to you by the credit union or is serviced by the credit union.
- There are no limitations to the number of transactions that you handle on any account in person, by mail, via messenger or through an ATM.
- There are no limitations on telephone withdrawals resulting in a check mailed to member.
Federal Reserve Regulation D is a directive of the government, not of your credit union.
Contact our Call Center at
(575) 647-4500 or (800) 658-9933.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: P.O. Box 99 Las Cruces, NM 88004
2755 North Main St, Las Cruces NM 88001
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.