- If this is a new card, make sure you have activated the card before use.
- If this is not a new card, make sure the expiration date is still valid.
- You may also want to make sure that you have enough funds available in your checking account to cover the entire transaction amount, as there may be previous transactions pending to clear your account, making some of the funds unavailable to use.
- There are limits associated with you Visa Debit Card. Exceeding these limits will also cause your card to become declined. If you are planning to make a single transaction purchase of more than $2000.00, please contact us so that we may temporarily raise that limit. If you are planning to use your card excessively over a 3-day period, please call us so that we may temporarily raise your transaction limit.
- If you have recently made a large purchase, purchased something online, or are traveling, your Visa Debit Card may be restricted for suspicious activity. We may have tried to contact you to verify a transaction or a series of transactions. This may be the reason for the denial of your new purchase. Once we verify that the transactions were made, or attempted, with your authorization, we can lift the restriction and allow you to continue using your card.
- If the merchant is not receiving any kind of message or you are unable to use it at an ATM, then your card may be de-magnetized and you will need to order a replacement card. To avoid de-magnetizing your card, keep it in a card protector sleeve when not in use or when stored in close contact with other cards with magnetic strips.
Federally Insured by NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Equal Housing Lender
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.