Visa Gift Card
Make gift giving easy. White Sands Federal Credit Union Visa® Gift Cards fit every occasion - holidays, birthdays, weddings, graduations, and more.
- Accepted most anywhere. Use the Visa® Gift Card wherever Visa® debit cards are welcomed.
- Convenient. Once you activate the Gift Card, it can be used immediately. Your recipient can track the transaction history and card balance online.
- Safer than cash. If a Visa® Gift Card is lost or stolen, the unspent amount can be replaced.
Purchase a Visa® Gift Card at any White Sands FCU branch or order online
Visa Gift Card FAQ’s
Where can my Gift Card be used?
It can be used to make purchases everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted.
Should I select debit or credit at the point of sale?
Here are some tips when using the card at:
- Restaurants, Beauty Salons, Hotels, Car Rental Agencies — It is customary for service-orientated or travel companies to require an available balance over the purchase amount (usually 25%) to ensure sufficient funds for tips or incidental expenses.
- Gas Stations — Paying at the pump using this card requires at least a minimum balance of $75.00. However, only the actual amount spent will be deducted from the card. If your Gift Card balance is less than $75.00, you can use the card inside the station as long as the purchase does not exceed the remaining balance.
- On-line Merchants — In order to use this card for merchants who use address verification to authenticate purchases, you must register your card on-line at www.harlandclarkegiftcard.com. Login as a Returning Cardholder and follow the
instructions to register your card. Your card may not be used at age restricted on-line merchant sites.
How do I check the balance on my Gift Card?
Go to www.harlandclarkegiftcard.com or call 1-866-244-5360.
Can I personalize the card?
Yes. The Gift Card can be personalized Gift but only when being ordered online.
Is there a limit as to how much value the Gift Card can have?
Yes. Personalized Gift Cards ordered online have a minimum value of $25.00 and a maximum value of $500.00. Cards purchased in a branch have a minimum value of $25.00 and a maximum value of $1000.00.
Why does a Gift Card purchased online over $399.00 need to be shipped to the purchaser?
It is a security measure in place to prevent potential Gift Card purchases with a fraudulent credit card or debit card.
What are the fees?
Your Gift Card will be charged:
- $5.00 inactivity fee, assessed on the first day of each month after 12 full months of
- $5.00 cash out or lost stolen fee (new card issuance fee may also apply).
- $25.00 to terminate Card and receive funds via check. Please allow 6-8 weeks.
All fees are automatically deducted from your Card balance. If your Card balance is zero or becomes zero as a result of any fees, the Card will be terminated.
What if my purchase is denied?
The card’s available balance is probably less than the purchase amount. Call 1-866-244-5360 for the remaining balance on the card and use another form of payment to pay the difference, subject to the policy of the merchant.
How are merchandise returns handled?
Each merchant location has its own return policies and will handle the returns in the same manner as any other Visa debit purchase.
Can I get cash back from a merchant?
No, cash back is not an option on your Gift Card.
Is my Gift Card a credit card?
No. It is a prepaid Visa card that carries a fixed cash amount determined by the Gift Card purchaser. Each time you use the card, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance.
Can my Gift Card be reloaded?
No, the card cannot be reloaded.
What happens if my Gift Card is lost or stolen?
You should immediately report any problems or a lost or stolen card by calling our 24-hour tollfree support line at 1-866-244-5360. A replacement card will be issued and any available balance will be transferred to the new card, less the $5.00 lost/stolen fee that will be deducted from your card’s available balance (a new card issuance fee may also apply).
Does my Gift Card have an expiration date?
Yes. The card and the funds expire on the date shown on the front of the card or when the balance is $0, whichever comes first. The cardholder may terminate the card and receive the funds via a check. Within six to eight weeks of a written request a check will be sent less a $25.00 fee.
What happens if there is a balance remaining after my Gift Card expires?
After the expiration date shown on the front of the card any remaining funds will no longer be available.
Can my Gift Card have a negative balance?
Any authorization request that is greater than the card's available balance will be declined. However, there can be times when a Visa merchant puts an item through without prior authorization. If an overdraft occurs, you will be required to make a payment to Cardholder Services to cover the negative amount.
Payments should be sent to:
P.O. Box 550160 • Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33355-0160
How are disputes handled?
Simply call our toll-free customer service number, 1-866-244-5360, and they will walk you through the process.
Contact our Call Center at
(575) 647-4500 or (800) 658-9933.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
By email: email@example.com
By mail: P.O. Box 99 Las Cruces, NM 88004
2755 North Main St, Las Cruces NM 88001
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.