Kirby Kangaroo Club
Have fun and learn about saving money
The Kirby Kangaroo® Kids Club is designed for children up to 12 years of age. Our Kirby Kangaroo® Kids Club helps kids learn how to save money while having fun at the same time! At White Sands Federal Credit Union we make it a priority to help educate children to establish savings habits that will carry with them into their future.
Claim Your Youth
Financial education for teens
Claim Your Youth is a teen specific program that is designed for young members aged 13-18. Learning to manage finances is very important, so White Sands Federal Credit Union is pleased to offer a program where young adults are given the opportunity to manage their own money, develop budgeting skills and so much more, in a real world setting.
First Checking for teens
with Visa® Check Card
White Sands FCU wants to help parents introduce their teenage children to the importance of personal financial management with First Checking – a free checking account just for teens age 13 -17. It is designed to encourage financial literacy and money-management skills.
First Checking is ideal for introducing basic financial management skills, yet full-featured enough to carry the account holder through to college and into the workplace with financial tools like check-writing privileges, a Visa® Check Card and CU Online banking.
Parents can use First Checking to teach everyday financial management by:
- Promoting sound financial behaviors by depositing a child’s allowance on the same schedule as the parent’s paycheck, thereby encouraging prudent budgeting and spending until the next “payday.”
- Encouraging your teen to deposit money earned from part-time jobs as well as birthday or holiday gift money.
- Encouraging monitoring of accounts through free online banking services.
- Most important, First Checking is a joint account between parent and child, so parents are always in control.
Contact us for more information on how you can help your teen gain important money management skills.
Contact our Call Center at
(575) 647-4500 or (800) 658-9933.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: P.O. Box 99 Las Cruces, NM 88004
2755 North Main St, Las Cruces NM 88001
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.