Debt Consolidation Loans
A debt consolidation loan allows you to combine multiple debt payments (credit card, medical, title loans, etc.) into one monthly payment. A debt consolidation loan ideally will have a lower interest rate than what you are paying on your old debts. The advantage of using a debt consolidation loan to combine your multiple debts into one, is simplicity and savings. The simplicity comes from having only one payment each month, instead of many. The savings comes when you are able to consolidate your debt at a lower interest rate. White Sands FCU offers members several different personal loan options to help you consolidate multiple debts into just one, with one monthly payment, and hopefully, a lower overall interest rate.
The debt in all of us
The average American is in debt. A study conducted by NerdWallet found that the average US household carries $15,675 in credit card debt and $132,158 in total debt. And while most can manage a car payment, a mortgage and a credit card without too much trouble, there may be times when debt becomes overwhelming. If you’ve gotten to the point where you’re losing sleep and know that something has to change, here are steps you can take to help you manage your debt:
- Know what you owe. Make a list of all your debts, including balance owed, interest rate and minimum payment required for each. Then, take a look at your credit report to make sure there isn’t one you’ve forgotten. (Everyone can have one free report each year. Visit annualcreditreport.com for yours.) Lastly, compare your income and expenses and calculate how much you can realistically use toward debt reduction each month.
- Don't make things worse. Commit to not taking out any new loans or credit lines and, if possible, avoid incurring and charging additional expenses on existing accounts.
- Increase your income. Find an additional job or pick up overtime hours if you can. Start a side business offering a skill you're good at such as babysitting, making repairs, or helping the elderly. If you have an extra room, consider renting it out. Consider selling assets such as jewelry, an RV, a second car, or collectibles.
- Reduce expenses. There usually is wiggle room in spending categories such as dining out or getting take-out, transportation, and entertainment. Don't stop there, though; scrutinize every expense.
- Consider consolidation at White Sands FCU. While consolidating your debts into one loan won't solve all you debt problems, it may provide some relief in terms of lower interest rates, and smaller and fewer monthly payments. Debt consolidation rates are competitive and payment terms are affordable. Apply online, by phone or in person.
Personal Loan Rates
APR: Annual Percentage Rate. Rates subject to change without notice.
Loan rates and terms are determined by credit score, amount financed and other factors.
|Term||APR* as low as||APR* as low as - with Loyalty Plus|
|Signature||up to 60 months||9.95%||9.70%|
|Line of Credit||revolving||9.95%||9.70%|
|Share Secured||varies||2.00% above dividend rate||N/A|
|Share Certificate Secured||varies||2.00% above dividend rate||N/A|
*Rates and terms may vary. Subject to credit approval.
We've made getting a loan even easier and more convenient. We now offer members the option of signing their auto and unsecured loan applications electronically using DocuSign. DocuSign is a simple yet secure system that allows us to send you loan documents and get your signature electronically, saving you a trip to the branch or from waiting for paperwork by mail. As long as you have internet and email access, you can use DocuSign. It's free and immediate and you can sign from any type of smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Contact our Call Center at
(575) 647-4500 or (800) 658-9933.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
By email: email@example.com
By mail: P.O. Box 99 Las Cruces, NM 88004
2755 North Main St, Las Cruces NM 88001
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.