First Checking for Teens
First Checking for teens with Visa® Check card
Monthly Fee Avg. Daily Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee Dividends Paid
Avg. Daily Balance to Earn Dividends
Checking Account Features:
- Unlimited monthly check writing
- ATM access
- Overdraft Protection
- Visa Check Card
- CU Online
- Bill Pay
- Direct Deposit
White Sands FCU wants to help parents introduce their teenage children to the importance of personal financial management with First Checking – a free checking account just for teens age 13 -17. It is designed to encourage financial literacy and money-management skills. First Checking is ideal for introducing basic financial management skills, yet full-featured enough to carry the account holder through to college and into the workplace with financial tools like check-writing privileges, a Visa® Check Card and CU Online banking. At age 18, the First Checking will convert to an EZ checking. Parents can use First Checking to teach everyday financial management by:
- Promoting sound financial behaviors by depositing a child’s allowance on the same schedule as the parent’s paycheck, thereby encouraging prudent budgeting and spending until the next “payday.”
- Encouraging your teen to deposit money earned from part-time jobs as well as birthday or holiday gift money.
- Encouraging monitoring of accounts through free online banking services.
- Most important, First Checking is a joint account between parent and child, so parents are always in control. Contact us for more information on how you can help your teen gain important money management skills.
*First Checking requires co-ownership of parent or guardian
Claim Your Youth
Financial education for teens
Claim Your Youth is a teen specific program that is designed for young members aged 13-18. Learning to manage finances is very important, so White Sands Federal Credit Union is pleased to offer a program where young adults are given the opportunity to manage their own money, develop budgeting skills and so much more, in a real world setting.
Contact our Call Center at
(575) 647-4500 or (800) 658-9933.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8 am-5 pm
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: P.O. Box 99 Las Cruces, NM 88004
2755 North Main St, Las Cruces NM 88001
Routing & Transit # 312276470
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.