To help with the cost of higher education, White Sands FCU offers scholarships to credit union members. Scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, community involvement, and a short essay.
Multiple $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school graduates and college undergraduates. To be eligible for consideration, you must complete an application and be a member in good standing (no overdrawn accounts, past due loans, etc.).
- The application cycle opens from February 1 to March 8, 2024
- Recipients will be notified by March 20, 2024
- Scholarship awards will be presented on April 23, 2024, at our Annual Meeting.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the recipient's university before the fall semester.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Applicants MUST be White Sands FCU members in good standing with active accounts. Children or relatives of members are not eligible unless they open their own account before the deadline.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors or continuing undergraduate college students accepted or enrolled in an accredited 2-year or 4-year college.
- Applicant's high school or college transcripts must reflect a GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) and can be an unofficial copy.
- All completed applications must be received by March 8th, 2024, to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Employees and Volunteers are not eligible to apply.
Items Needed for Application:
- Academic Performance — Academic performance and honors
- Activities — Community and school activities, involvement, leadership positions, and awards/recognition
- All applications must include a typed essay or a 60-second video. There is no limit on word count.
The essay topic is: Explain the value of your credit union membership.
Federally Insured by NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Equal Housing Lender
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
White Sands Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are encountering problems using this website, please contact us at 575-647-4500 or 1-800-658-9933. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information. All products and services available on this website are available at all White Sands Credit Union branch locations.